FREE! FREE! FREE! Foot Checkups for February!
When it comes to going to the dentist or the optician, most of us recognise the importance of regular check ups. But ask anyone if they go to a chiropodist for a foot check-up and you're likely to be met by a blank stare. It’s just not a part of our health itinerary, yet our feet are two of the most vital parts of our body and subjected to some of the most wear and tear.
An opportunity to change this is taking place with us in February.
Fun Foot Facts!
• On average, you take 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day. Thats a lot of work to put up with!
• In their lifetime, the average person walks more than 100,000 miles - more than 4 times the circumference of the globe!!
• Foot bones make up about a quarter of all the bones in our bodies. Meaning that keeping an eye on them is a must.
• Humans have worn shoes for a very long time. The oldest preserved shoe, incidentally, is 5500 years old and was found in an Armenian cave, buried in sheep dung!
• The big toe used to be a kind of foot thumb. This grasping toe helped our predecessors climb trees and, when young, grip onto their mothers.
Feet are much neglected and many people leave any problems hoping they will go away, when so often they can be prevented. At least 80 per cent of foot problems could be prevented, by timely treatment and advice.
If you are concerned about a foot problem or would simply like a check up why not take advantage of this offer. You can book in for a 10-minute appointment to find out if your feet are in good shape or in need of further attention, and get free advice for any issues you may have. If necessary you can then arrange to return for an appointment to receive any required treatment.
To book a FREE 10 minute check up during February, with a HCPC registered Podiatrist, call 0121 749 6313.